Peri-Operative Orthopedic Training
This eight-week course is designed to train the experienced perioperative nurse in the orthopedic specialty surgeries.
- Basic OR/ortho terminology
- Planes and movement of the body
- Anatomy of bones and muscle
- Case setup
- Instrumentation and major orthopedic sets
- Transfer, positioning devices and patient positioning
- Patient prep
- Use of specialized equipment and troubleshooting
- Scrubbing/circulating orthopedic cases
For more information, contact the Human Resources Department.