Cardiovascular Step-Down Training
The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza can provide you with the preparation you need to work in a cardiovascular step-down unit. We offer a 16-hour course of didactic training, supplemented by two, four hour clinical observations in the Cath Lab and CV surgery.
- Advanced CV physiology, pathology, medical and nursing assessment and management
- CV pharmacology
- Pulmonary and neurological complications
- Primary illnesses assessment
- Skills lab that includes:
- Chest tubes
- Physical assessment
- Oxygen therapy
- Care of the post-operative heart surgery patient
- Communication of conditions
For more information, contact the Human Resources Department.