The Aurora Nurse Midwives are focused on partnering with women. Our group has experienced certified nurse-midwives (CNM) and doctors, who strive to:
- Educate and empower women to make healthy decisions about themselves and their babies
- Encourage women to ask questions and be actively involved in their care
- Welcome family participation at office visits, and for labor and birth
CNMs are registered nurses educated in nursing and midwifery. All of the CNMs at The Medical Center of Aurora have master's degrees and are certified through the American College of Nurse-Midwives. In addition, our midwives work with doctors who specialize in obstetrics and gynecology and support the midwifery model of care.
Comprehensive Midwifery Services
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Pre-conception care
- Family planning
- Well-woman care, including annual exams and other gynecological services
Our CMNs attend births at The Medical Center of Aurora for their patients who are low-risk. They also care for patients with moderate-risk maternal or fetal complications in collaboration with the group's doctors.
CNMs assist patients in allowing the natural birth process to occur by offering many benefits during labor and delivery, including:
- Decreased patient anxiety
- Decreased pain using natural and pharmacologic pain relief methods
- Decreased use of forceps and vacuum-assisted births
- Decreased episiotomy rates
- Decreased premature births
- Decreased low-birth-weight babies
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 303-873-5245.