Emergency & Trauma
Expert Emergency Room Care
Emergency rooms are designed to care for the most serious illnesses and injuries. If you have a condition or injury that you believe is life threatening, or that will seriously harm you within 12 to 24 hours without a doctor's care, you should go to an emergency room. At The Medical Center of Aurora, we offer two convenient locations for emergency care:
Main Campus ER - Level II Trauma Center
- Conveniently located at I-225 and Mississippi Avenue
- Board-certified doctors, specially trained nurses and other skilled and experienced staff
- Dedicated pediatric care, including board-certified pediatrician and pediatric specialty nurses on staff 12 hours each day
- Chest Pain Center of Excellence
- Primary Stroke certification
- Recently renovated ER including a low acuity treatment area for Rapid Medical Evaluation
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners Program
Centennial Medical Plaza ER
- Easily accessible location at Arapahoe Road and Jordan Road
- Board certified doctors
- Staff that are specially trained and experienced in caring for children's illnesses and injuries and a special child-friendly Emergency Room
- Chest Pain accreditation
- Doctors who are specially trained to care for sports-related injuries
- Kaiser Permanente patients welcome
The Medical Center of Aurora Main Campus is equipped to handle all types of procedures in its 24/7 emergency room. We have top-notch technology, including high-tech ICUs and advanced operating rooms. We also offer expert pediatric ER care through our affiliation with the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children.
*Please Note: Emergency care is NOT offered at our sister medical plaza, The Medical Center of Aurora-North.
In a life-threatening situation, please call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency department.