Total Joint Class
This class is intended for patients who are planning to have a hip or knee replacement surgery at The Medical Center of Aurora. The Total Joint Class prepares patients for surgery by covering the following topics:
- Preoperative exercises
- Pain management
- Postoperative nursing care
- Equipment needs
- Occupational/physical therapy
- Precautions and limitations after surgery
- Networking with other total joint recipients
- Availability of educational videos
- Home safety and what to expect when you go home
- Discharge needs
We recommend patients take this class at least two weeks prior to their surgery. Patients are encouraged to bring a family member or another support person to class.
To enroll, please REGISTER ONLINE or call 1-800-260-3077.
1400 S. Potomac Street
Aurora, CO 80012