Careers at The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza
At The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza, we understand that having great employees results in great patient care. We take great pride in hiring the most qualified and compassionate people for every position in the organization. This approach has earned us numerous national and local awards for our environment of care, and has lead to the development of ground-breaking programs and medical care.
If you have a disability and require assistance completing the online application, please contact the Human Resources Department at 303-695-2709.
About The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza
The Medical Center of Aurora, the first community hospital in the Denver Metro area to receive Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence is an acute care hospital with specialization in cardiovascular services, neurosciences, oncology, surgery and women’s services. The hospital is a Level II trauma center. Licensed for 346 beds, the facility encompasses Main and North Campus locations along with Centennial Medical Plaza. The hospital and its three campuses are part of the HealthONE System of Excellence and are affiliated with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children.
Awards and Recognition
Below are some of the many awards and honors that The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza have received over the years.
- Magnet Designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). We were the first community hospital in Denver to achieve this honor. Only 6.6% of hospitals nationwide have been awarded this honor.
- Chest Pain Center Accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC) at our Main Campus and Centennial Medical Plaza, two of six in Colorado.
- Primary Stroke Center Certification by The Joint Commission (TJC), one of eight in Colorado.
- American College of Surgeons (ACS) and State of Colorado Level II Trauma Center.
- American Cancer Society (ACS) Oncology Certification.
- Community Hospital Cancer Program accreditation from the American College of Surgeon's Commission on Cancer (CoC).
- 2008 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare.
- Named a "Best Place to Work" (mega company category) by The Denver Business Journal, 2010.
Below are some of the various programs we offer at The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza.
- Cardiac Alert® - In 2001, The Medical Center of Aurora developed the Cardiac Alert® program in partnership with our physicians, the Colorado Heart Institute and the local EMS community. The program is now the national standard of care for treating patients experiencing heart attacks.
- Resuscitation Choreography - Through a partnership with Aurora Fire Department and Rural Metro EMS, The Medical Center of Aurora staff and physicians are able to care for cardiac arrest patients more efficiently with a systematic approach.
- Stroke Alert - This program provides better care to stroke patients through a specially trained stroke response team.
- da Vinci® Robotic Surgery program - State-of-the-art robotic technology that provides surgeons with excellent precision and control. Few hospitals in Colorado have the expertise to use this technology for so many specialities.
- Colorado Integrative Cancer Care - Integrative cancer care, led by Dr. Sami Diab, the area's only board certified oncologist with fellowship training in integrative medicine.
- Chiari Care Center - Led by Dr. John Oró, an internationally-known neurosurgeon who specializes in Chiari and helped develop the surgical procedure to treat Chiari.
- Advanced Electrophysiology (EP) Program - TMCA has one of the busiest EP labs in the state. Procedures are performed in two state of the art cardiac catheterization labs.
The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza offers a wide array of benefits for its employees, from a matching 401k to loan forgiveness to Employee Recognition Programs. To read more about the benefits we offer, visit the Employee section of our website.
HealthONE Annual Report
The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza is a HealthONE hospital.
Throughout 2010 — despite the ongoing sluggish economy — HealthONE remained steadfast in its commitment to improving the health and lives of our patients, our employees, our physicians and clinicians, and our communities. All told, 2010 saw the people of HealthONE contribute more than $190.4 million in community benefit, up $4 million from 2009.