Free Heart Health Community Event
What You Don't Know About Your Heart Can Shorten Your Life
Free Community Event on Heart Health September 15 in Aurora
Aurora, CO, August 31, 2010 - Many people assume they are healthy until they suffer their first heart attack. To help people get to know their heart – how it works, how to keep it healthy and how to identify personal risk factors, The Medical Center of Aurora and Community College of Aurora are teaming up to host “Know Your Heart,” a free community health fair.
The event will take place on Wednesday, September 15, 2010, from 10 AM – 2 PM, at the Community College of Aurora, Student Center, Rotunda (Room S100), located at 16000 E CentreTech Parkway in Aurora. The event will include:
- Presentation on heart health fitness – how the heart works and current medical treatments for heart disease
- Free blood pressure checks to help attendees calculate their personal heart fitness scores
- Personal presentation from a heart attack survivor on how to recognize issues and regain a healthy lifestyle
- Tips for putting together an enjoyable personal fitness program you’ll stick with
- Healthy snacks and recipes to take home
- Exhibit on heart anatomy and life-saving medical devices
This event is open to the public and pre-registration is not required to attend. For more information, call 303 340 7524 or visit www.auroramed.com or www.ccaurora.edu.
970 390 6909
Community College of Aurora
303 340 7524