At The Medical Center of Aurora and Centennial Medical Plaza patients are our first priority. We take extreme measures to ensure high quality, safe care in the most comfortable setting possible.
Highlights About The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza
- Metro Denver's first community hospital to earn Magnet Recognition for nursing excellence
- Primary Stroke Certification (The Medical Center of Aurora)
- Two accredited Chest Pain Centers (Main Campus and Centennial Medical Plaza)
- Ranked the #4 hospital in the Denver metro area and the #4 hospital in Colorado in U.S. News & World Report's 2012-13 Best Hospital Rankings
- Level II Trauma Center at our Main Campus
- Level IIIa NICU at our Main Campus
- Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award Recipient for 2013-2016
- State-of-the-art Heart Care Tower on Main Campus
- Community Hospital Cancer Program accreditation from American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer
- NAPBC-accredited Breast Cancer Care Center
- Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children affiliation
- Affiliate of HealthONE, Denver's largest healthcare system
Key Programs at The Medical Center of Aurora
- Cardiac Alert® - In 2001, The Medical Center of Aurora developed the Cardiac Alert® program in partnership with our physicians, the Colorado Heart Institute and the local EMS community. Local EMS now have advanced equipment and training to ensure they are better able to identify heart attack patients out in the field and alert hospitals of their arrival. The program is now the national standard of care for treating patients experiencing heart attacks.
- Resuscitation Choreography - An organized and collaborative response to cardiac arrest patients using teamwork and designated roles throughout the resuscitation of the patient. Through a partnership with Aurora Fire Department and Rural/Metro EMS, The Medical Center of Aurora staff and physicians are able to care for the cardiac arrest patient more efficiently with a systematic approach.
- Stroke Alert – Trained stroke response team – This program provides better care to stroke patients. A specially trained stroke response team works closely with our emergency service providers to quickly and appropriately identify and treat strokes.
- Chiari Care Center – Specialists at the Chiari Care Center treat some of the rarest neurological diseases, including Chiari I Malformation, syringomyelia and tethered cord syndrome. The center is led by Dr. John Oro, an internationally-known physician who specializes in Chiari and helped develop the surgical procedure to treat Chiari.
- da Vinci® Robotic Surgery Program – The da Vinci® surgical system is appropriate for patients needing kidney, prostate, heart valve, hysterectomy, bowel and reflux surgery. It is state-of-the art robotic technology that provides surgeons with excellent precision and control.
- Deep Brain Stimulation for patients with Parkinson’s and Essential Tremor - There are currently only 2 other neurosurgeons in the Denver Metro area who are trained to do DBS procedures. DBS is a 3-step surgical procedure that implants electrodes inside a person’s brain. The procedure can make a huge difference in the patient’s quality of life.
- Percutaneous Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) Program – using the TandemHeart, cardiovascular surgeons implant the VAD into critically ill patients needing short-term cardiac support.
- Advanced Electrophysiology (EP) Program – The Medical Center of Aurora has one of the busiest EP programs in the state. Procedures are performed in two state of the art cardiac catheterization labs which opened Fall 2009. TMCA was the first hospital in North America to incorporate the Philips Integrated EP Cockpit XL system into its catheterization labs where thousands of cardiac procedures are performed each year.
Learn More about What Makes
The Medical Center of Aurora Special